Thursday, May 19, 2011

Soap Guild Conference 2011

Hello from Miami! We taught two classes on advanced swirling in cold process yesterday and have had such a blast meeting so many amazingly talented soap makers from literally all over the world. There are tons of vendors this year, amazing prizes, and the food is delish.

One of my favorite parts of the conference is the Soaper's Showcase featuring multiple categories including best scent and best appearance in both melt-and-pour and cold process. There are some fantastic submissions! There is a hand-knit cupcake in the packaging category that Anne-Marie would love :-)

Coming from Washington State, I don't think we have gotten used to such dreamy weather. Each time I leave the air conditioned hotel, I'm hit with 80 degree heat and realize, oh yes, I'm in Florida!

Of course, there was some colorful clean up duty afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment