We're bringing in the New Year with new fragrances, and Mangosteen is already on my favorites list. It is absolutely bursting with fruity goodness and is a combination of mangosteen, guava, and green melon swirl finished with a succulent undertone of juicy yuzu nectar and coconut palm. In the bottle, it smells a bit like tutti fruitti or a fun bubblegum, but the fragrance does lose some of its tarty fruit notes in cold process soap. It discolors yellow in MP and light tan in CP soap and is great in lotions and sugar scrubs. Also, it tends to go cloudy in liquid soap. I think of it as a little vacation for my nose!
Here's a list of our most popular scents of 2010. No surprise at the #1 spot!
1. Oatmeal Milk and Honey (goes tan in soap)
2. Energy (not safe for gel candles)
3. Vanilla Select (discolors brown)
4. Lavender Fragrance Oil
5. Sensuous Sandalwood
6. Island Coconut (discolors brown)
7. Relaxing (discolors brown)
8. White Tea and Ginger (mutates in cold process soap)
9. Plumeria (accelerates trace in cold process)
10. Yuzu Cybilla