Friday, September 10, 2010

Cranberry Fig Solid Sugar Scrub

We have a new Gift Givers class coming up next month at Otion to prepare you for giving handmade gifts for the holidays. We will make custom lip balm, bath fizzies and sugar/salt scrubs. I'm playing around with a fun solid sugar scrub idea using my favorite scent this season: Cranberry Fig! Anne-Marie has a great post about making sugar cubes on Soap Queen based on Erin Pikor's single use body scrubs.

They are simple to make and super luxurious!

Ingredients:
  • Up to 1 part carrier oil (jojoba, sweet almond, avocado, etc.)
  • 3 parts white sugar
  • 4 ml of fragrance per pound of mixture
  • I used the Celtic and Fall Leaves single cavity flexible molds, which are also great for lotion bars, soap and bath fizzies!
  • Color is optional. Merlot mica was used in this example.
Instructions:
  1. Melt soap base and stir in carrier oil, fragrance and color.
  2. Pour sugar into melted soap and oil while stirring. If it hardens quickly, simply re-heat in microwave.
  3. Pour or spoon into molds. Place molded cubes in freezer for ten minutes, de-mold and enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Cute - they turned out great! We're working on solid scrubs for SoapQueen.TV right now (I guess great minds think alike ... ) =))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cranberry Fig is one of my favorite scents, especially for the fall and holidays! These look lovely-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great and what a neat idea! I'll be giving it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sooo want to make these! Beautiful!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the great comments! I've noticed this recipe feels a little on the extra oily side and I'm thinking of tweaking it. I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete